Monday, June 30, 2008

Time for a few redneck jokes

I decided it would be good to have a lighter side to my blog too. So, you will find some funny jokes and anecdotes interspersed with the "deep thoughts" posts. I am a lifelong Texan, and if you read my June 26 post you know that I have finally realized a lifelong dream of living in the country. Here in rural Texas, redneck jokes are especially common. I think it’s good for all of us to be able to laugh at ourselves (I think all of us Texans see ourselves in at least a few of them!)I think most of them can be attributed to Jeff Foxworthy, but there are a few I haven't heard from him.
Anyway, here are a few for today:

You might be a redneck if:
- Your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.
- You pack in Wal Mart shopping bags to move or go on vacation (me!!).
- Your grandmother has "ammo" on her Christmas list.
- You keep flea and tick soap in the shower.
- You've been involved in a custody fight over a hunting dog.
- You have a complete set of salad bowls that say "Cool Whip" on the side.

(slap overall-clad knees and guffaw with laughter!! LOL)
Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

Aida said...

Amy, I must have a little redneck in me too. I think Wal-Mart bags and Food Lion and Bi-lo bags too are great for vacation. I took a few on our Disney vacation. I sometimes worry that they may get tossed with the trash since I also use them for trash bags at times.

introvertgirl said...

LOL I agree Aida, there is always an abundance of them so why waste money on luggage? You should have seen us when we moved, everytime something was missing I had to hunt through 15 WM bags to find it.

Aida said...

Amy, you are so funny!